Sunday, October 14, 2012

Monterey Market


I love Monterey Market for so many reasons.

Fresh produce from many local, organic farmers in Northern Ca & the Central Valley.

Supporting those farmers supports our family values of keeping it local & eating organic whenever possible.

The small, close quarters make it feel like the family owned business it is.

The small, close quarters means it's mostly just about produce.

I love that they sell Thanksgiving Coffee (from Ft. Bragg.) Don is the coffee drinker but this is one awesome coffee company. I love that they sell their decaf line too. 

Every day there are new and different varieties of fruit and produce. I love trying foreign, local items and so do the girls.

The prices are remarkably low for both organic and conventional. I often walk out of there with 4 bags for under $40 bucks.

They have the most beautiful flowers for sale.

The staff are sweet and patient with my girls who want to pull, touch, taste everything!

I love that they open at 9 a.m. for early risers like our family.

And I love that if I get there early there is parking.
(I don't love their parking after 10 a.m., esp. on weekends!)

I love that they put up a gazillion pumpkins each fall for the kids to climb on.

I love that they have a decent bulk section.

And I love that they are a fairly reasonable driving distance from Pinole.
It's very much worth the drive. A trip to M.Market is a fun outing for the girls and I.











                      
                             
This and the photo prior were taken last October.






Last October (2011) Havana was a bit too young to climb the pumpkins. She felt a bit intimidated.

Amara (Fall 2011)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...