Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Squishy Hands


Even though I am not the craftiest person I still like doing crafts with my girls. Thankfully, at the girl's schools they are able to do more complex projects. At home with me, we stick to simple things like painting on canvas or wooden boxes, coloring on paper of all sizes, molding clay, scrapbooking or using the Circuit to help make simple projects for home or school.

On a recent very cold winter weeknight, we did some painting.  Half way through, Amara informed me that "putting paint on your hands feels nice and smooth" and "it feels good to squish it in your hands. I like squishy hands." And from her hand painting, I could tell Havana had the same thoughts! For this project, Amara picked a flower shaped box and Havana a wooden heart and some plain paper.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...