Thursday, December 26, 2013

14 K

Amara had three things on her list for Santa:
1: A pair of size 12 boots (she is an 11 but wanted to make sure she fit them for while.)
2: Calico Critters (she caught me looking at them for Havana so she wanted them too!)  &
3: A pair of 14 K hoop earrings (she has long wanted to take out the earrings that she got pierced with. I told her she had to wait.  When we talked about what type of earrings she wanted, she said ones like her best friend. I had told her they had to be gold because of the need to reduce to the risk of an allergic reaction So it was 14 K hoop earrings.) 

The look on Santa's face when she said "I want 14 K hoop earrings" was priceless! But Santa came through and Ms. Amara got her 14 K hoops! She also got another pair of earrings as well. Drop pink hearts set in, what else 14 K!

Ms. Amara paraded around the house for hours in her new boots, new hoops and other clothing she got on Christmas Day. She had to Skype with Nana to show off her precious new treasures and when my sisters called she insisted I tell them about her new earrings! As she pranced about the house my heart was kvelling as I gave thanks that I could provide such wonderful mundane things for both my girls.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...