Thursday, December 4, 2014

Troll Forest

I wanted the family to go for a hike in the national forest that surrounded San Martin. I wanted us to spend time outside, in that sacred space.

The girls didn't want to get back in the car. They were burned out from the previous long days drive.

I had to use bribes of chocolate to get them to agree to get in the car.

When we found a place to hike they wouldn't get out of the car. So I left them with Don.  As I walked a few steps from the car, my mind was swirling with how I could coax them out into the fresh mountain air. Because we just had to hang out with the tall trees and mountain peaks that were serenaded with the sounds of chirping birds and rippling rivers.

Then I saw it; a perfectly round rock that reminded me of the trolls from Frozen. I ran back to the car declaring, "It's a troll forest. Come see. Come see."

                                                                                                              That's all it took to get two little
                                                                                                              cranky monkeys to come
                                                                                                              running.


                                 
                                      







As I always do when I come upon a river, I put the water on my third eye and other chakra spots. I do it the girls as well. This is our style of baptism.



Havana was clearly in a silly  mood! Who wouldn't feel playful and light, outside in the sun while searching for troll rocks?!




Our hike turned out to be a stroll and it was shorter than I had hoped for. Yet, it was one that was filled with laughter and joy. Our family had created yet another phenomenal memory during our Argentine sojourn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...