Thursday, April 7, 2022

Sloth Love

 


While Amara got to work caring for these most adorable and loveable sloths, it was not just a single affair. The rest of the family also grew more in love with all of these most unique and happy beings. 
I joined Amara in her early morning hikes. Havana helped in the yard with their care and Don hung back making sure all was going okay. He didn't get too close until the last day, when he came in for some sloth hugs, which are the best hugs.

I have heard some say sloths are weird looking. Some local Panamanians historically think they are demonic. I have heard they are aliens as well as remnants of animals from prehistoric times. I refuse to agree with any of that. What I know for sure is that they are loving and kind but also strong and fierce. I also think they have a strong spiritual nature to them. They bring joy and smiles to the face of most people who come to them with an open heart and an open mind. 

I personally love  sloths.  Which means, I may have been a bit influential  in Amara's decision where she would do her school community service but in all honesty it was not a hard sell.  Amara was eager to spend time caring for them and were tickled to be part of that.  I made sure to remind the girls, frequently, just how special of an opportunity it was.  Amara and the rest of us may have been doing giving and serving but we gained so much more in return. We will always be most thankful for this opportunity.

Here are a few of the many photos I took while with these magical, mystical sloths.



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...