Monday, July 3, 2023

Spanish Pride

 


I can breath deeply that I am living in a world where I can raise my two small gems where harmful, divisive, repressive religious and archaic beliefs are slowly but surely being broken and demolished. I know there is a lot of work to be done. We have a long way to go. There is still racism, misogyny and homophobia throughout the many cultures on this planet. But it's been a breath of fresh air to know that things are changing, even as the old, patriarchies attempt to keep use repressed and controlled. In a place as religious as Spain, this is truly remarkable.

I have been thrilled to see Pride spirit abundant here in Spain during Pride month. I love that my two small gems know exactly what this means because that they were raised in a home where they could question who they were and how they wanted to show up freely.

Here are a few photos of Pride in  Madrid, Valencia and Barcelona! There were countless apartments with flags flying that I did not capture but I was happy to see them flying freely.







At the post office!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...