Thursday, April 19, 2012

My Two Monkeys

Currently, Saturday mornings in our family means swim class for Amara and gymnastics for Havana. This past week, however, Amara was on break so she joined her sister for some fun at her UC Village gym class.

Amara is also enrolled in gymnastics but at a more formal (i.e. instructional) school. Havana tried that setting last summer but we discovered that at this stage, a free play setting is a much better fit for her. Both girls are excelling in their respective gymnastics classes, each which are perfect for my two monkeys!

From an early age I knew Amara was a little monkey! She first crawled up the stairs at home at 6 months and by 9 months she was climbing up the slide stairs at the park. She would then slide down by herself! This was months prior to walking!

At 5 months, Amara crawled and soon loved to jump and move around!

Amara, at 10 months, would stand in her crib and jump and jump and jump.
Havana didn't crawl or climb until a much later age but she has since caught up to her sister in the curious, brave, exploring departments. Both little monkeys love to climb and jump on just about anything. I can't even count how many times my heart was in my throat watching these two. It wouldn't surprise me if Amara became a future Cirque du Soleil star! Havana may not be quite as athletic but girlfriend comes close!
Havana's 1st birthday. She couldn't walk but she loved the slide.
It's amazing to watch the girls at these current ages, 2 1/2 and 4 1/2.  I love that I have photographs of before and now to remind me of the changes that happened so fast.

 
  




It's been abot a year that we have been going to Saturday morning gym class and we may take a short break. We want to see if Havana she misses gymnastics and wants to continue. I suspect she will miss her teacher Eric (her first male crush!) as well as her friend Justin so we will see what happens. Amara is still quite interested in her class so for now that remains a go.

It's a joy to watch my two monkeys have fun, watch their confidence grow, burn energy and excell in new things. They make this mama monkey feel proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...