Friday, August 31, 2012

First Day Preschool


Today is the first day of Preschool for my baby girl. We have talked about this day for the past week or so. We have been preparing Havana for the transition from Maria to school. She has been able to express feeling both excited and sad. She told Maria, "You are going on vacation." I guess in her little 3-year old mind that is the best way to cope with the change of not being with her beloved Maria 3 days a week. But like most changes, the feelings are mixed. So this morning, Havana got dressed without much fuss. Was actually calling to me to hurry up because, "I have to go to school" and she made sure she had her backpack on the right way!

I dropped her off. She cuddled in my lap for awhile while the kids were sitting on the rug. But as soon as three other 3 year old girls looked over and made silly, friendly faces and told us their names, Havana moved off my lap and onto the rug. I was able to leave her alone shortly thereafter.

That's how she was doing. Me:


I am sad; (this really is the end of the baby years; my girls really are growing up.)

I am excited; (i am excited about her excitement. she loves that she is a big girl now.)

I am relieved; (a little bit of a break. what do i do with 2 hours?!)

I am confused (where did the time go?);

I am happy (for H, to make friends and learn);

But this is life and life moves forward.....



1 comment:

  1. I liked the way you put together everything, there is certainly no need to go any further to look for any additional information. You mentioned each and everything that too with much of ease about Calgary Childcare Centre.

    ReplyDelete

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...