Saturday, June 1, 2019

Mother's Day Hike


 Before I begin to share about our Mother's Day hike, I have to start with saying how much I dislike man-made, commercial holidays. I don't want someone, anyone, to give me a gift or to do something special because it's Mother's Day, Valentines Day or Groundhog Day. I could give a rat's ass about Hallmark's bottom line.  It is much more moving to me when someone does something from the heart because they feel something warm and fuzzy towards me. I do the same. If I see something that feels like someone I love, I might gift them with it. Or I may take photos of someone's family and sharing food means I am really feeling you! And of course, sharing gratitude and love with words and kind energy is a given.
That all said, I don't want gifts and gestures to feel inauthentic, forced, because the calender says so. 

This year, I learned once more, how my two small gems truly love me. Yes, it was a manufactured holiday, however, the cards and gifts they bestowed were made with time, energy, effort and most import deep love.  That made a difference in my being able to open and receive.  One of the things I asked of my family was to go on a hike. I wanted to go to a new location, not have to drive far and just be in nature with my family. 


Thanks to handy dandy google search engine, I found a trail down in Moraga near what seemed a reservoir. Off we went. As we got closer we heard some chirping birds in the backseat fuss about not wanting to hike. Well, one fussing bird, who shall remain anonymous. Once we arrived some coaxing with snacks got the two birds out of the car and on the trail. Like always, once the girls are out in nature it truly is like a lightswitch. Fuss went to excitement, complaints went to 'look, look' and from there it was nothing but sun, fun, peace and tranquility. 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...