Sunday, March 29, 2020

Toucan Crossing






I love Toucans. Yet even the word love does not aptly describe the excitement  and awe I have felt from my head to my toes during the rare moments I was blessed to see them in the wild. My soul child loves toucans.

In Costa Rica, our family got to see a species new us  the collared aracari, That I got to share in the joy of that, as well as listening to their song, seeing them fly, hang out in a tree or make eye contact, with my family nearby made the experience even brighter. I have always hoped that the girls would fall in love with the natural world. Don and I have planted those seeds since before their birth. That we are able to share in each's others delight of seeing our favorite birds, trees, animals or landscapes, I feel a deep sense of gratitude that those seeds were planted have blossomed and are thriving.

We are able to see the toucan up in the national park, at the green macaw sanctuary and to my utter delight, flying over head at dawn while taking in the silence of the new day. I felt honored by all the visits we had. It made traveling all those thousands of miles so worth it.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...