Monday, June 28, 2021

12!!!!!!!!!!!!

 





Havana is so many things! She is feisty and strong willed. She is funny and observant. She is sensitive and intuitive. She is quiet and shy. Until she feels comfortable with you. She is smart and she is creative. Havana can be helpful but mostly she needs a lot (a lot) of nudging to help out in the house. But when it's just me and Havana hanging out or doing chores, she is organized, practical and keeps me in line. I cherish the times when it is just she and I together. I wish she'd go on more walks with me but anytime with Havana Ruby is time I relish.

Havana keeps me (all of us) in stiches. Be it her quick wit (she has some hilarious one liners), impromptu plays or her dancing, Havana Ruby will leave us if not laughing, with a huge smile on our faces. She can also leave frowns when she slams her door if she does not get her way. Or when she says mean things because, she does not get her way or I make her do something she doesn't want to. If I haven't been clear, Havana likes to do her own thing. In her own time and in her own way! 

In the past year, Havana has continued her love of reading. Often she is devouring a book a day. She produces beautiful art, which graces our walls. Havana is a good and thoughtful friend, most recently making bracelets for a few pals after carefully selecting colors she felt best suited them. Havana also Loves playing games online (which her dad and I have to keep monitoring so that she falls within her daily time limit. She always tries to sneak in more time!)

Havana remains the cat whisperer. She not only Loves kittens and cats but she can sense into them. She has a gift. Even if that means ignoring they want to be left alone (talking about Kai here, who she carries around like a baby, even when he wants to sleep!) I have been talking more with her about her intuition and ways to access it and ground/protect herself as well. She is extremely sensitive so it is a good time to learn how to protect herself and her energy while also being in touch with the things she feels deeply.

In this past year, with the pandemic and distance learning, we saw Havana go more within herself. We took steps to support her (including a trip to Hawaii) (that was such a difficult intervention!), hiking and biking and ways to do art therapeutically. All these  things, along with a return to school last month has made a huge difference for Baby Girl. She is dancing and smiling more and we are laughing more at her classic jokes. We are grateful that this may be the last year in this crazy covid 19 world and that Baby Girl is getting back to her old self and settling into her older self. We see her changing from a little girl into a young lady. This leaves me feeling bittersweet. I know Havana is growing up but she will always be my baby girl.

Havana makes our family complete and she is the happy song that my makes my heart dance. I can't imagine life with my rainbow girl.  Happy twelfth birthday to my Havana Ruby Modesta.













1 comment:

  1. Beautiful , some parts I felt I was hearing you talk about my 11 year old Granddaughter (only one out of 4) which is fine we me. And she looks like me and my girls. Just like this one looks just like the girl I met in First Grade. XO

    ReplyDelete

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...