Monday, June 19, 2023

Summer School (Escuela de Espanol)

 


Summer school has begun! We started out language immersion program this morning.  The girls are in teen camp, with classes for 4 hours in the morning and then activities in the afternoon. Don and I are in class in the am only. We each are at different levels so we while we are in school together, we are learning according our own levels. Amara seems to be in the highest level so far! I am way behind at the bottom, with serious doubts how much I will actually learn but I will give it my best.

The afternoon activities are where the fun is for the girls. Volleyball, bowling cultural excursions, trips outside the city and more  will allow the girls to practice their Spanish and connect with peers. Already on day 1 they have connected with kids from California to Singapore.  Making friends has alleviated some of the nerves and concerns about school in a foreign country. I am curious to see how this will all pan out and have fingers cross, if nothing else, the girls begun more proficient in Spanish. 

Here are a few photos of school. 


Amara was not that keen on my sneaking a photo!




at the bus stop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...