Saturday, October 21, 2023

Lasagna by Havana

 

Havana is a wonderful baker but she only cooks sometimes. But when she does, she knocks it out of the park. Being a teenager however means I can't always get her to get in the kitchen, especially with me. When I can coax her, I am over the moon. Havana has mad kitchen skills but she is also a great cooking partner. She entertains with her jokes, dancing and facial expressions. I cherish any time with her in the kitchen. One of her signature dishes (and let's keep it real, there are only few; she is a baker!), is lasagna,

I have been making the Moosewood recipe for years. It comes out pretty good. For some reason though, when Baby Girl makes it, it is far superior. This past weekend, when some of our primos from Argentina were visiting, she made her signature kick ass lasagna, to bring to cousin Jenny's as part of the dinner menu. All but a small piece was devoured.

One again, Havana knocked it out the park.

Below is the recipe, to make it for yourselves.


I am not clear why we put that lone noodle like that. We surely did not cook it that way!




Tomato Sauce- 16 oz, at least. I like a lot of sauce-I like Newman's)
12 lasagna noodles (I use Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles- We like TJ's or Whole Foods brands)
2 cups ricotta 
2 beaten eggs
Salt & pepper
1 lb. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup. grated Parmesan cheese
9x13 pan (I love to use the colorful Le Creuset pan- serving in a nice pan makes it yummier!)

Spread some sauce in pan
add 1/3 noodles 
1/2 filling 
another layer of sauces 
1/2 mozzarella 
1/3 more noodles
rest of filling
sauce
rest of mozzarella
rest of noodles
one more dose of sauce

Parmesan on top. 

Cover with foil and bake 35 minutes covered at 375 degrees.
 
Uncover last 10 minutes. 

Total cook time 45 minutes.  Let stand 10 minutes

Goes well with a nice green salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...