Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mama's Things

 "Don. Would you please tell the girls to stop going through my things. I don't want them breaking things or losing things." "Anjahni. You're their mother. They love to go through your things." "Oh", was my response as the light bulb went on in my space cadet brain and I immediately recalled the excitement of discovering all types of things in the drawers of both my mother and grandmother. My worry about what might be broken and lost instantly disappeared. I grabbed my camera, sat back on the bed and took pleasure in all the "oohs" and "ahhs" as the girls scoured through my jewelery boxes, taking turns putting things on, asking what things were and overall thoroughly enjoying themselves.







1 comment:

  1. I used to love going through my mother's jewelry box when I was little too! After she died, I made sure to keep it the same even though there is a lot of junk in there (including my baby teeth!). Every once in a while I open it up and it still evokes that little girl feeling of intrigue.

    ReplyDelete

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...