Tuesday, September 3, 2013

1st Grader



 Our first day of 1st grade at Amara's new school (Montessori Family School). And because it's Amara, the day had to start off with a dance and song! Here is Amara getting ready to leave....
....And here we are at school; backpack full with school supplies and her lunch pack filled with healthy and yummy nourishment to support that brain of hers....I love that her new school does not require uniforms. Amara will be much more comfortable in her leggings, which are less restrictive.
 
The past few days, Amara was a little nervous about starting school . Which was too be expected. We spent a lot of time talking about the new school, 1st Grade and how it's normal to be both nervous and excited. My girl asked me to stay close when we arrived this morning and she held my hand tightly as she waited to enter her class. But I know my sweet love will be just fine.  I can't wait to hear all about her day when I pick her up.
 
 
I drove off feeling nervous and excited myself; New school, new people, big changes. I am trusting that Don and I have listened correctly to our hearts in making this change in Amara's education. We only want the best for her and we pray that this new school will support her highest and best good  and that it is aligned with her soul's purpose here on earth.



 

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Amara! Please let us know how she likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I updated the day on FB. I think we are going to really like the school. I am feeling very thankful.

    ReplyDelete

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...