Thursday, March 20, 2014

Rear View



 This past week, I took a moment to capture on film what I see when I look in the rear view mirror because I realized as much as I dislike being in the car, I find some of my best conversations and intimate moments with Amara and Havana happen on the road. In the small confined space of our Hylander, we check in with each other on  how our day went, sing songs or just check out the scenery. I also use the time to share things with my little ladies that I want them to know. Once, when Amara was tired after a long day at school, I shared my experiences about the importance of rest and quiet time.  Another afternoon Havana was upset that a friend at school didn't play with her. After validating her experience, I took the opportunity to talk about friendships and how friends don't always have to spend every day with each other. Recently, the girls were all chatty about makeup. I siezed that moment to tell the girls that they were both so beautiful but that what mattered most was their inner beauty. 

There are many more moments like this, too many to recount but I pray that some of what we share remains with my little loves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...