Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Havana Meets Elsa


The Princess Ball was a huge hit! Our girl scouts were just over the moon. But the icing on the cake  for Ms. Havana was when Elsa, from the movie mega hit Frozen, made an appearance.

The girls have seen the film about ten times so far and that is not an exaggeration. And like most kids around their age they know all the songs, and sing the songs alot! So much so that Don and I know the songs by heart as well. (I had a good laugh recently when Don texted that he couldn't get 'Let it go' out of his head.)

Amara is an Anna fan but Havana loves Elsa and is still at the age to believe that the Elsa she saw at the Princess Ball was the real deal. She was mesmerized by the princes. When tried unsuccessfully to get up close to Elsa she got all sad and pouty.  Finally, however, she made her way (with Mama Bears help!) and then wouldn't leave her side. It was fascinating to watch Havana become so transfixed with Elsa. I had never seen her so enchanted. She really thought Elsa was real and she was in awe of being in her presence. I was so thankful to have been able to witness her joy.

I also got to witness a determined Havana. She just had  to reach out and touch Elsa and once she did, they held hands for a long time. (I actually had to ask Elsa if she was okay. She said she was fine; what a good sport she was). I was also thankful I had my camera to capture the magical encounter. Sweet Havana has since spent a significant amount of time starring at the photos, remembering her time with Elsa!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...