Sunday, May 24, 2015

Needle & Thread

 My old friend Janet has been visiting. I have know Janet since I was sixteen years old and we have both gone through many a life changes together (you can read more about her here http://twosmallgems.blogspot.com/2013/07/gypsy-janet.html). However, she has not spent much time with the girls due to living on the East Coast. This visit allowed for them to connect and bond and what better way than through sewing.

Janet is a master seamstress who has been sewing since she was a child (we met in a fabric store when I was in high school). On this visit, we were able to borrow an old sewing machine from my good friend Christa and then Janet went to work, giving Amara lessons in how to use the machine. I stayed in the background, taking in the sweetness of their creative time together. (Janet managed the machine but she patiently and perfectly explained all the steps to what she was doing. Amara took it all in!)



 Janet surprised the girls with some fabric to make pillow cases. Giraffes and Fairies....she really knows my kids!!! They turned out beautifully and the girls slept soundly on them later that night! 
This whole experience inspired me. I used to have a machine. It may be time to purchase a new one for the girls and I to create our own projects together. Maybe not as good as Janet's but that's okay!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...