Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Pumpkins and More Pumpkins





Despite it being a Fall tradition, I didn't make a plan for our family to go a pumpkin patch this year.  I thought the girls had grown past pumpkins and hay. When I shared my thoughts, to my delight, I was met with moans and groans. So with short notice, off to Larry's Produce Farm we went in search of pumpkins to decorate our front porch.


When we arrived at Larry's, I was reminded that I love Fall and that I love pumpkins. There is something about those curcubitaceae that make me happy; that makes me smile. I noticed I was not alone; Don and the girls were grinning for quite some time as we searched for that perfect pumpkin (or two!) and had fun with the kids activities at the farm including a haunted house and hay maze.







I know that one day our girls will out grow the pumpkin patch for real but for now I am thankful that we all still take delight in this annual Fall ritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...