Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Hanukkah


 Our Hanukkah tradition with the Ferguson-Coughlin Clan continued this year. On the fourth night we gathered to honor the tradition of lighting the menorah and exchanging gifts with the kids. Cousin Jenny made the latkes, I brought homemade matzo ball soup. The food, all so yummy from being made with love, was shared amongst cousins and made for a sweet evening that further solidified the connections of our family. 

Growing up in New York, Hanukkah with my cousins was one of the highlights of the year. Even now, I think back on the cozy den in my aunt and uncle's house fondly; In my mind's eye, I see their den with the golden carpet, where we all crammed into, to exchange gifts, laugh at my fathers many jokes, run from Uncle Norman's tickling and of course we shared holiday treats. That Amara and Havana are experiencing that same tradition with cousins Ben and Theo makes my heart very happy. I am sure that somewhere, the souls of my father and my uncle are experiencing joy as we continue to light the menorah each year. 







What's Hanukkah without gelt? Here in California we are spoiled with See's chocolate gelt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...