Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Whales


Since almost forever, the humpback whales have migrated to the warm waters of Maui to have their babies. Each winter, the waters are full of mama and newborn. My dear heart sister Lani (who was born and raised on Maui) told me years ago of whale watching from the shores. But I had no idea that we would see these most glorious creatures from the balcony of our condo, while on the beach and while on a boat. They truly were in abundance. Unfortunately, my camera lens is limited. I was only able to get few paritial shots. The wanna be professional photographer in me wished I were closer (or had a better lens) but I made peace with the blessing of being able to witness them at all. Next time, I will do a whale watching tour, but for now, I give thanks for seeing whales from our balcony.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...