Thursday, October 12, 2017

Yosemite in Late Summer



Last month, my sister Kim and brother-in-law Timmy came to California for a visit. They drove cross country for what would be Timmy's first visit to the Golden State. Kim has been here a few times but had not ventured out too far from the Bay Area. This time around we decided to take trip to Yosemite, one of the most sacred and beautiful places on planet earth. (as an avid traveler I feel I can take the liberty to make such a bold statement!)

We rented a cabin for the weekend in Yosemite West. It was close enough to the Valley but removed enough from the crowds that the Valley also brings. It also allowed us to cook meals and watch movies by the fireplace at night.

We were met with sunny days despite a wildfire burning nearby that could have made days hazy and gray. We were also most fortunate that due to so much snowfall last winter, the falls were abundant with water. They usually stop flowing in May. Kim and Timmy were blessed to see their powerful, magnificence.


I was beyond thrilled to share this sacred land with my family. To see their eyes light up at the beauty around them was pretty special. Yosemite has an effect on one's heart and soul and I suspect that neither of them will ever forget her.





Havana couldn't contain her excitement about seeing a mama deer and her fawn up close and personal. She followed them along a trail until they took a turn and crossed a creek.



We never leave home without these guys, or Suckey!
An impromptu stop along the side of the road for the girls to touch the river gave us the view of this bridge, made many years ago by rocks. I found it quite lovely and serene.



A dragonfly took a rest on Don.




The famous view when you first enter the park. No matter how many times I have seen it, it always takes my breath away and reminds me just how insignificant I am in the grand scheme of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...