Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Lesser Locks


Not that long ago, I wrote a blog piece about my struggles with keeping Havana from becoming Rasta Havana (you can read about that here https://twosmallgems.blogspot.com/2019/04/rasta-havana.html). Soon after, Havana approached me with a request for a haircut.  She wanted a shorter do.I told that we could do that but waited several days to see if that was a fleeting idea. Nope. She asked me not once but two more times before I questioned her motives. She wanted to cut her hair because she thought it would be easier to maintain and thought it would look nice. How could I not support that? But in all honesty, despite the nightly arm aches, I had grown attached to her longer locks. At the same time, I wanted to honor her independence in making this decision.

Off we went to the local Supercuts and off went a large portion of Havana's hair. I think it was a bit startling at first, for all of us, but we not only got used to it rather quickly, we all relished the evening hours without the hair combing drama. It may have been my arm about to fall off but Don and Amara had to withstand the protests. The new found peace was lovely!

Havana looked even more darling than her usual darling self with her shorter locks and we now find her coming her hair, on her own, without any encouragement.



Post haircut.
The last time Havana cut her hair. Adorable, isn't she?!! (biased? not me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...