Thursday, April 16, 2020

A Minute in San Jose, CR


It was a long drive back to the capitol of Costa Rica. Not that 4 hours is far when there is little traffic and the scenery muy tranquil. It was long because what I thought was a cold was quickly becoming something much more. I slept and tried to read during the drive but a low grade fever kept it hard to focus or rest easy. A short lunch stop at a Pizza Hut, of all places, gave a little boost but I was thankful we were on our way home.

Once we got to the capital and checked in at our hotel I refused to let a fever take away what few hours we had until our morning flight. I swallowed some Tylenol and ordered a Lyft to do some last minute shopping. Havana and Don opted to hang back at the book, while Amara and I ventured out.

Unfortunately, the shopping was a bust but we did manage to find some little things (oddly enough we picked up a pair of sneakers for Havana and a top for Amara). We did get to see some of the historic architecture of downtown. Yet all I wanted to do was go back and do to sleep. I was so out of sorts that I did not even bring my camera!

We left Costa Rica the next morning excited to be heading home but a bit sad too. Our time was way too short, the land and people way so welcoming and warm and with so much more to see, that we knew we would have to return again some day. With Panama next door, who knew, we thought, maybe we'll find ourselves on an extended journey sometime in the future. 

Little did we know as we traveled in the sky back to California that the corona virus was about to blow up and that might have been our last travel adventure for awhile. I ended up being quick sick for about two weeks, the girls too. But during those days of resting in bed, I had happy memories of turquoise waters, deep green jungles and the pur vida energy of Costa Rica to comfort me.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...