Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!


The little people after we rang in the New Year (east coast time). They loved making cheers and a lot of noise!

We spent the 2013/2014 New Years Eve at the Hass-Jajeh house. In recent years we hosted NYE but this year the idea of cleaning, preparing, cooking-just the thoughts had me exhausted.  I was thankful for the change in venue! It was was really nice to get out of the house and share the festivities with friends both old and new. The kids all played well and the adults got to have mostly interrupted conversations that lasted more than a few minutes! We broke bread and actually ate in a relaxed manner for a change (kids were fed first!-smart parents!) It was perfect way for all our families to welcome in the New Year.

Many folks make resolutions for the New Year. Years ago I did too. But some time ago, I stopped that practice as it no longer felt like my truth; setting some goals on fixed date. It's not that I don't make resolutions. It's just that I do them when my heart guides me to do so and that can happen any day of any year. I want the girls to follow their own individual paths through life. I don't want them to follow the masses and I don't want them to follow trends. Unless the trend speaks to them on a core level.  As their mother, I  try to model for my girls to always follow their truth, not others. I am teaching the girls to walk through life according to what their heart speaks and to how Spirit guides them. Thus, there were no no resolutions. Only some introspection of the year gone by. One of the things that was on my mind was time.
Time, which is the greatest illusion, has led me to feel how quickly my life is passing by. I just can't believe we are now in the year 2014. I am very thankful that our family is together as we embrace another year. I cherish every moment I have with my family. And even though I complain frequently how tired I am, wish too many times a day for silence and feel overwhelmed by the busy life we live, I am still extremely grateful for all Spirit has graced me with. My girls bring to my life such immense joy, countless opportunities to learn and grow and love beyond measures. So it with gratitude that I step in the new year. 

Welcome 2014!

Our friend Victoria made this cheesecake.  These three were very excited to try some!


Counting down!

I can't help but think of my father when I see Times Square. For twenty years his office in NY was a couple blocks to the right of that huge teletron. Sometimes as a child I would go with my father into the city on  NYE day and we would walk around the area and I would hang out in his office. We would head home early to avoid the crowds. I cherish those memories with my dad, who has long left this earthly plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...