Saturday, January 11, 2014

Moon Over Yosemite


I watched the day go from day to dusk;

The air settling into nightfall;

I felt the sting of winter night grow sharper by the second;

And then the darkness came;

Settling upon the Valley;

Bringing with it, stillness, quiet; cold;

I stood and watched the darkness;

Taking in the stillness, quiet, cold;

And then came the Moon;

That powerful, magical Moon;

With just a sliver of light to guide me back;

To where the warmth could be found.





One of my greatest challenges as a very amateur photographer is to get photos of the Moon. I have tremendous respect for La Luna and I so want to be able to capture  it's greatness with my lens. On this early January night, I did better than I had previously but not quite good enough. This is one goal I do have for myself; to learn how to properly photograph La Luna.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...