Monday, January 6, 2014

Snow!

The girls couldn't contain themselves when they learned we would be going to Yosemite in winter time. Snow! But when they learned that there was no recent snow fall they were crushed. Then my strong willed Amara declared "There will be snow!" Despite my attempts to let her know she may be let down, she insisted. The forecast called for low temps but sunny skies with no recent snowfall. But I guess my girl was right or she willed the snow to be. Because on the ground all over the Valley was old, hard, snow. There wasn't much but there was enough. Enough to jump in, roll around in, taste and of course throw! The joy of them being in the snow was well, I am not sure how to describe it. I will let the pictures do the talking!


 



Since there was no snow falling from the sky, Amara made her own snowflakes! She would grab the snow and toss it in the air, crying out "It's snowing!" (here her friend Atticus is looking on!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...