Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sugar Sand Park


In the early evening hours,  it became apparent that the girls needed to get outside and play in a place just for kids. We'd been outside a bit but they needed to run and move and stretch in a kids type of place. My mom's over 55 community while nice, doesn't have that type of space for kids. So we set out  to find Sugar Sand Park. A playground was just what my two energetic gals needed. But we had no idea that this place would be home  to the biggest play structure ever! (I am sure there are others this large but we had never seen such something this enormous in a park.) 



I followed Queen Havana for a bit as she paraded around repeating, "I am the Queen and this is my castle" but was eventually banned! Of course, I was summoned to push her when she wanted to go on the swings!
Music by Amara!


Sugar Sand Park (http://www.sugarsandpark.org/) is also home to a carousel, a theater and a children's science museum. The latter looked like fun but going inside was not an option this time around. My girls, like all children, need to spend time each day outside. Sugar Sand Park was truly one of the best parks we had ever seen and the girls got their fill of running, moving and stretching (body and mind). And they had such a blast. This park is one we will remember for a long time!



There was even a 'barn'. I was jealous of this Florida park. I want to go home and find a way to build a park like this in our community!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...