Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

I am not the biggest fan of imposed holidays that 'force' us to give thanks to others. I much prefer when I/other's show gratitude when we feel guided to from our heart. But that said, I was very touched by how excited my gals were to make today extra special. From breakfast (in bed no less!), to sweet home made cards and a lovely gift  (a Pandora bracelet w/ a passport charm! my family knows me!!), they all made such an effort to make sure I felt loved. I took deep breaths and let their love settle in to every cell in my body.  We then topped off the morning bubble bath style! 

Now matter what the day, it was wonderful to be with my gals as well as their dad..

It's cliche that our children are our greatest gift but it so true. Amara and Havana have brought me immense joy, peace and healing. And for that there are no words nor material items that can match what they have brought to my life. Mother's and father's everywhere feel the same and it is that universal experience what makes this day a special one. 

Namaste to my family and to all the parents who are raising their children with love, gratitude and awareness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...