Thursday, May 8, 2014

Two Pals at the Beach

                           
Amara is growing up so quickly. In a months time my girl will be seven. Seven!! I can't believe it! And that has meant she has begun to go out with her friends without my being present. Twice recently she had play dates with her friends grandparents picking her up at school and off they went until it was time for me to come and get her.

I am left feeling bittersweet around this. I love having the older, more independent, more responsible little girl that is before me. But I also have a sadness in my heart where the memories of her littler years live. Oh how I cherished the days when she was a newborn, an infant, a tot.....But now, she is a big girl who is going on play dates without her mama. Whew!

Yet, I also rejoice for her. Amara is fiercely independent and so to have a no-mama-around play date with her best friend from school, well, that was just the bomb! Anaiya and Amara are thick as thieves at school and on their play date last hot Friday afternoon, Anaiya's grandmother took them to the beach in Pt. Richmond. Pick up time was after 6 p.m. so the whole family went to gather Big Sis. The photos below are what we came upon when we arrived at the beach.  Amara was not engrossed with her friend and her play that she barely noticed my arrival.

What a view of the Golden Gate!




Air borne Amara!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...