Tuesday, December 6, 2016

My Shero

My Warrior Grandmother, Melba Sanchez-Lau, celebrating her 92nd birthday. I was not there but thanks to cell phones I was able to receive t his great photo. Here is with her sister, my favorite Aunt, Marbella, who came in from Puerto Rico, to join the celebration and my younger sister Sabrina.

I have been very blessed to have had such amazing grandmothers; from the two I was raised with in my adoptive family and the two from my bio family, who are still alive and going strong. Grandma Melba is currently facing some health issues which has reminded me of the importance of being kind to those you love and giving thanks for their presence in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...