Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Eleven

                                                         
                                            
Happy 11th Birthday, Amara Pearl Josephine. As you take another turn around the sun, I find myself reflecting on who you are, how you have grown and all the joy you have brought into our lives.

Before you were born, I knew, from the way you jumped and kicked around in utero, that you, Ms. Amara, would be one active little being. What surprised me, and continues to delight me, is your endless curiosity for the world around you. You love to explore, learn, find new ways to do things. Yes you are adventurous but you are also thoughtful, driven and committed in every thing you do. You are are bright, passionate, obstinate and defiant too! But always, you are the sunshine in my life.

 You are my companion in the kitchen. My always observant eagle eyes, who makes sure I don't miss something and you are almost always willing to lend a hand. You are passionate about fairness, struggle with change, get a little jealous of your sister but you are always her fierce protector. You can be silly and serious. Cranky and creative. You are so many wonderful things all wrapped up into a small little human body that emulates such great joy and enthusiasm.

I may feel sad at how fast you are growing up but it is also such a gift to witness you as unfold into who you are. Thank you for gracing our lives Amara. Life would surely be duller and darker without you in it.       








  
                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...