Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Family Scenes from South Florida



 Just a couple of weeks ago, I unexpectedly found myself on a plane headed for Miami. My mother had gotten ill and after her initial insistence from her hospital bed that I don't come, I did what I often do. I didn't listen to my mother!

I was most thankful for air mileage that allowed me to get to Miami without much financial distress (the Creator truly provides for us in all ways). From there it was a short drive to where she was in rehab, in the West Palm Beach area. For close to two weeks, I held down the fort at her condo while also spending each day with her at rehab.

Most of my family, on both sides is in Florida. (meaning the adopted side and the bio side ) And while this trip trip was taken under serious concerns for my mother's health, I was able to take the opportunity to  spend some well appreciated and meaningful time with my sisters, bio-dad and nephews and nieces and my beloved almost 94 grandmother. 

I love Florida, the land where I incarnated this life time. I love the sun, the water, the heat. I probably gained a few pounds savoring all the foods that I love the most. But I especially love my family.

So while my mother's health was my first and foremost concern, I was very thankful for the time to spend nurturing myself in many ways, while I also took care of her,.

My nephew Alex and his inwardly and outwardly beautiful wife Haydee. 

My great niece Bella. My newest BFF.

My great nephew Alex & his sister Bella Bean!


The bio dad and his long term partner Margaret, with his beloved Shelby and new VW Bug!

My favorite brother in law, T-Rod (Uncle Timmy to the girls!)

The Universe's message while in Islamorado

Paternal half-sisters, (left) Natalie & Sabrina (right). They like to call me boss in Spanish because I am the oldest sister and I act like the boss/mother! (there are seven of us on my father's side)
                         
Almost 94 & she still gets out and washes the car and gardens!

My older maternal sister, Kimberly. My heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...