Thursday, March 11, 2021

Sacred Honu


During my recent personal inquiries (exploration of the inner world), I have discovered how much of my life I have been disconnected from myself. Present but not fully present and aware. Almost like semi-sleep walking. The more I awaken, the more I see patterns in my life of things I have taken pleasure in or had great meaning, while not being full present with these experiences.

What does this have to do with the sacred Honu? We were graced by their presence almost every day we were on the Big Island. My soul (inner) child is always tickled to see these ancient one. I just adore them. This trip I felt I able to more deeply taken in our experiences with them. Upon our return home, I started to notice how much of our home décor, past blogs, photos and had the sacred Honu in them.  This is not the first time in recent months I have had the thought, "Wow, I must really enjoy such and such." or "Wow, I did not notice how big of a presence this is in my life." As one who stands for truth, on every level, I must face the truth that my own awakening to myself is still unfolding.

In the meantime, we were most fortunate to have had the auspicious encounters with these manifest reptiles. It seems my heart and being are smiling brighter, perhaps as I am more fully present with myself during these experiences with them.

Here are a series of photos I took of the different Honu who allowed us to visit them, so to speak!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...