Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Store


Cold, grey days. Inside days. Creative days!

Amara has taken to playing 'Store' the past two weeks. She takes great pride in setting up her store with her handy assistant, Havana, and then when things are ready she announces, "The store is open" and off  Don and I go to do our shopping!!

Amara is quite a savvy businesswoman. She sells board books for $12 and small balls for "One thousand pennies" and when I wanted to purchase a doll it cost me a thousand dollars! Of course, we have to pay up right away (with colored construction paper money that she precut).

Amara even made her own signs which listed the item and it's cost (which was enlightening; I can see that Amara is now interested in learning to spell.)

 But the smartest business move she made was when I bought a doll and Petunia Pig and then ten minutes later she announced "The shop is closed" and we had to return all of our items. Not a short time later she reopened and I had repurchase my goods! "You mean I have to pay again, Amara?" "Yup", she responded in her shopkeepers tone! Smart cookie!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...