Friday, November 8, 2013

Amara's Got My Back

On this particular day, I asked Amara to let me carry her in the ergo because I wasn't sure how much longer this tradition would continue. I know the day is coming  that she will be to big to carry her on my back. I am dreading that day. I love feeling the weight of my girls on my back when we hike. I love the closeness; the intimacy that is shared when  one of my children is this close.

I am more than thankful that Amara is so petite because we have been able to use the carrier far longer than I ever would have imagined (the ergo can go up to 45 pounds and Amara is currently weighing in at 39 pounds and 43 inches). Years from now, when I look back on the girls first days and years, carrying them around whether it be during a hike, cooking or just for bonding, will be one of the things I will remember with great fondness.

I asked Don to capture this days hike so Amara and I could have another reminder of how these sweet times we shared together.


Havana chasing us!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...