Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Fall

 It's Fall and that means pumpkins, gourds, falling leaves and Halloween. Usually, our family makes a trek to a local farm to pick a pumpkin. But this year we grew our own (http://twosmallgems.blogspot.com/2014/09/pumpkin-harvest-2014.html) so I am resistant to going. I don't want to buy a pumpkin when we don't need one and with two little ones, it'll be hard to say no to their pleas ("Can we please buy a pumpkin?") I am tying to teach the girls that less is more (thanks to Uncle Cody for that slogan!) and honestly, we have so much going on with several upcoming trips (one short, one huge), that I am trying to conserve our resources (time, money and energy). Yet, I still feel the pull of the pumpkin patch.

Thankfully, good ole' Monteray Market has it's annual pumpkin mountain out. So recently the girls got to go at it while mama shopped (it's so odd; they are big enough now for me not to hover over them). We got enough photos for our annual Fall blog post. I love putting previous years photos along side present ones as they capture the changes a year has made.
"I don't want to smile" said Havana Ruby.







2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...