Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pumpkin Harvest 2014

 Our garden yielded another two pumpkins this year! It seems two is our lucky pumpkin number! I love pumpkins and while two well only two, it's an abundance in my view. I love that we are able to pick our very own pumpkins each Fall.

I so appreciate all the hard work Don puts into the garden each Spring and Summer so that we can harvest so many yummy things including pumpkins. I don't know what it is but I love the round, orange essence that makes a pumpkin a pumpkin.
This was all I could muster from the family for the photo! Oh how enthusiastic they all look!

 Until Don got into a playful mood!
 Who would have thought that our own home grown pumpkins by the front door could bring so much peaceful zen?!

The photos below are of Don and the girls harvesting last years two pumpkins. The girls have changed so much since last Fall season.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...