Monday, January 5, 2015

A Very Cold Winter Day

It's been cold; Very Cold. Too Cold. The kind of, 'I ain't leaving the house' cold. But after several days off and being mostly home bound, I had to move the energy in my body. So I made an announcement; "Come on! We're going on a hike." Don's only input was we had to walk from the house. No problem. I didn't want to get in a car (it would take too long to warm up! and I really don't like to drive if I don't have to.) 

It didn't take long to get ready; I filled the water bottles and packed our snack bags with walnuts, apples and pretzels; I grabbed jackets and my camera, of course and off we went up the road towards the Pinole Ridge. 

Apparently the girls needed to get out too because despite the 46 degree temperature they didn't want their jackets instead opting to warm up with running up the hills!  We hiked, played, swung at the Oak tree and then took a new route home.  When all was said and we were done it was closer to 40 degrees and we had walked several miles over two hours. The girls were well tired but a hot bath and some food warmed their little bones and we all slept all the better that night!










the barely visible moon is what makes this shot!

goat covered hill!

 


We passed a house with this wreath. Amara pointed it out. I loved it!
the sun was going down by the time we reached home. the moon was so lovely that night....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...