Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy Poo Year!




















We rang in the New Year with a much scaled down NYE's gathering. I am not sure if I have been feeling the pull for less vs. more because of my chronic fatigue, age or as a reflection of the inner-work I have been going through the past six-eight months. Or maybe it's a combination of all three. Either way, having just a few friends over felt much more doable and a lot less pressured. It turned out to be just perfect (although we were sad that a couple of families we love could not join us.)  The kids got on fabulously and the grownups got to share in a communal nix nax of finger foods and deep, thought provoking conversation. When our guest left at just before 9 p.m. (yes, that right; it was also an early night; something all families were more than happy with), I felt much gratitude for the on-going relationships our family has with some truly special people. I didn't think much of intentions for the New Year; I gave that up years ago. But as I sit here and reflect on our sweet evening I realize that no matter what the year I want to continue to nurture relationships that are authentic, real, positive and equally supportive. I hope that I can manifest this, or continue to, and let that be part of the girls fabric of life.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...