Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Rain!!!


We have had Rain! Rain! Yes, that elusive substance that falls from clouds in the sky has showered us on several recent occasions. Not only have we been blessed with big, fat raindrops but with thunder and lightening. Thunder and lightening bring back happy memories of my childhood in New York. Here in California, thunder and lightening are a rarity. On these recent storms I felt like a kid in the candy store.

I am not quite sure what it is about rain but it makes my girls all riled up to go out in it. They both did their best to convince that I wouldn't melt in the rain, so off we went for a walk.

It turned out we didn't really walk. There was hopping and skipping and plenty of puddle jumping. As we hiked up and down various streets, I think the girls hit every single puddle.

It never ceases to amaze me that it is not the toys or books that bring the girls the most joy in their young lives. Rather, it is the time out in nature enjoying life's simple gifts that seem to light up their eyes the most. And it is those things that we will remember most fondly.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...