Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Island Abundance


The Islands of Tahiti are abundant with flora that produce both rich, vibrant flowers as well as incredibly healthy and delicious fruits. We saw countless breadfruit and mango trees.  There were noni and soursop. There were more coconuts than could be ingested.  Bananas, starfruit, abiu, passionfruit and so much more. We had our bellies full each day with many of these life giving nourishments. I have to smile when I think of Creations vast creativity and a sense of humor at the diversity of the plant life on these sacred islands. 

On an evening walk, a local fruit seller gifted me a bunch of finger bananas. I love finger bananas and always look for them when we travel to tropical places. That gift was one of the best gifts I had received in a very long time!










My fruit seller friend who gifted me finger bananas. Maruru.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...