Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Cornelia Street (Fan Stalking Taylor Swift!)

 


Amara had 1 1/2 days in New York City. What was her number one ask? To go to where Taylor Swift lives. Oooo...kay. 

Off we went, with cousin Jesse as the guide to our destination. First stop Cornelia Street. Taylor Swift had not lived there in years. But "She has a song called Cornelia Street so we have to go and take pictures." That was stop one. I thought it was the only stop. Take some photos, a little video But no.....

After stop one, off we went to Tribeca to where she supposedly really lives. By this point,12,000 steps later, I was beyond fried and quite grumpy. I had not drank any water, I was exhausted on every level and I had to pee. I sat myself on a stoop and told them to go find her house. They did but when they returned, Amara insisted that there were two black SUV's in front of her building, just waiting for her to come down. "You have to come over and see." 'Oy vey,' was what I thought. Instead I got my tired ass self up and walked another block (it really wasn't far but I really was so tired and our eventual goal was Chinatown,  in the other direction, so I did not want to go even a few extra feet out of the way). But I got up and went and saw those two black SUV's parked outside TS’s supposed building.  And then I sat down on Taylor's Swift's supposed porch and waited, with a convinced Amara that TS was going to come down any minute.

Well,  after a short time, when I saw a security guard standing outside the next building over, I got up, walked over and asked him if Taylor Swift really lived in there. He said she did but that "in the three years I have worked here, I have never seen her. People come all the time and never see her. She has her SUV in the garage and goes in and out that way."  I reported my findings to a disappointed Amara and then we all laughed when we saw some skinny, Real Housewives type person, with her mini chihuahua in tow, walk down the street and into one of those SUV's and drive away.

The Taylor Swift fan stalking was not a total bust. We saw her past and current homes and had a some good laughs along the way. We had some good photo ops and even made a video or two. Mostly, we made good memories (even if I was super grumpy to begin with ) and got in some good exercise. 18,000 steps later, we found ourselves getting a much needed foot massage, while we talked about the 'what ifs' had we seen Taylor.  Here are the photos and one of the videos I made about our TS excursion.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...