Saturday, September 5, 2015

A Day for Clay





During our last trip to New York in 2013, the girls got to spend time with our friend Robyn in her art studio.  This trip they were welcomed back for more time with clay. Both Amara and Havana were very excited in the weeks leading up to our departure and while we were in New York I got several questions like, "When are we going to Robyn's?" Both girls love to do art but especially clay. So what better way for Robyn and the girls to reconnect than with a shared passion?

After taking these photos, I left them all to do their thing (and to steal a short nap!) Afterwards, the girls told me how much they enjoyed spending time with Robyn in her studio. Both girls made repeated comments how nice she was and how they want to sleep at her house on her next visit to the East Coast. I could think of no better compliment and it filled my heart with gratitude once more that someone who means so much to me is now a part of my daughter's lives.




Photo by Havana Ruby!

(you can see photos about our last visit with Royn here http://twosmallgems.blogspot.com/2013/07/robyn-t.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...