Monday, September 28, 2015

Country Roads & Southern Homes

On my recent solo sojourn to Georgia for my Grandma's 90th birthday, I planned to go a day early so I could visit with a dear friend who lives  more toward the Eastern part of the state. So when it was time for me to head to central southern Georgia, my gps took me about two hours on back roads until I hit Macon where I caught I-75 for the last hour. Before I hit the interstate, I found myself drying for miles and miles, not seeing another car or person. Only rolling grass, old homes and the occasional cow or goat. I loved it.   I felt as if I really got a feel for Georgia, a state that might be large in terms of square miles but is really a small, hometown kind of place.

It was raining the entire three hours (which this girl from California, the land of the three year drought, savored) so I couldn't stop and take proper photos. I did manage to get a few of the homes and buildings from the car. This is a peak at some of what I saw.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...