Wednesday, September 30, 2015

90 & Going Strong

Grandma arriving at her birthday party in a 1920's model car.

Grandma Ruth turned 90 and we had a lovely time celebrating with her in her hometown of Cordele, GA.  For me personally, it was quite touching being able to be present with the family that I didn't know until young adulthood. And, I got to meet Uncle's, Aunts and cousins for the first time. Family is a big deal for Grandma Ruth and her birthday was a time for her family to celebrate this remarkable woman.

While working on this blog I was thinking how one would describe my grandmother, who at 90 is not showing many signs of slowing down.

Strong
Woman of Faith
A Survivor
Loyal
Strong Willed
Curious
Dedicated
Sharp
Caring
Remarkable
Giving
Loving




R-L, My sister Kim, Granma, me, Cousin Jay, Cousin Dennis and his significant other Diana


Grandma and her goddaughter Sally 
R-L Bro-in-law Timmy, Kim, Dennis and Diana behind them, Uncle Wayne on the phone, Me, Aunt Shirlene next to me, her husband Ferdinand behind her, their daughter/cousin Minett, Cousin Dawn and Cousin Jerry

Uncle Wayne and Uncle Dennis 

Some of our family history. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...