Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Full Moon over Moorea






As much as  I try, I struggle with lighting and setting on my camera. It is part of the learning disability I have and no matter what I do to remember exposure settings, it always ends up scribbled in my brain. That said, I did my best to capture the most powerful full moon over Moorea.

Not only did Luna show up over land but as she moved over the sea, luminous and full, taking up what seemed the entire sky, reflecting off the glass smooth waters in ways that sparkled and glowed.  Then, to my utter delight, in the morning, as the sky turned from dark to light, there she was in all her dazzling glory. All I could do was sit, breath deeply and be still under her powerful energy. It felt like church; sacred, reverent.  This part of the earth, sea, sky, It is remarkable, exquisite and soothing to heart/body/soul. I am deep, deep gratitude and even though the girls don't have the means to express it the same way, I see how they are interacting with the sea and land here. I see the shift in their moods and the opening of their hearts. It is quite something to watch this unfolding. I give thanks for the gift of being present here






No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...