Friday, June 24, 2022

Polynesian Profiles












The people are Polynesia are a beautiful peoples. Inside and out.  I am no idealist. I am well aware no one person or culture is perfect or ideal. But there was a general warmth, a welcoming and an openness amongst most everyone we encountered. Even when there was a language barrier (I don't speak French or Polynesian so the barrier was on me), there was still a willingness to smile at one another, make eye contact and have an open heart. I was quite grateful to those that allowed me to photograph them and those that said, "No" I thanked them for their boundaries and moved on. These are just a few of the beautiful people I had the good fortune to meet or interact with.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...