Thursday, May 31, 2012

Steppin Out

Mama Anjahni & Havana, Steppin Out



A few months back, at a neighbors garage sale,  I found almost new Keens for Little Ms. Havana. I just love when I score deals like that. I mean where can you find almost new Keens for $2 bucks?! And now that my Little Havana is growing like a weed, they are fitting perfectly! Then, just the other day, while at Nordstroms half year sale, I found the same shoes, same style, in the kids clearance section in my size for a steal. (yes, I can buy kids sizes!)

I like Keens for my workouts at the Y as I have a strong aversion to closed shoes (my feet have to breath). So a new pair of Keens that matched Havana's, was something my soul-child couldn't resist! Havana was thrilled too! "Mama, has my same shoes!" Amara was a little green with envy at all of this. One of her life lessons, it seems, is to work with her jealousy and learn that she is okay (inwardly) if she doesn't experience what her sister or others do. And in the meantime, me and Little Ms. Havana get to step out in matching styles!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...