Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sister Got a Nu Doo Too



Ever since Amara got her hair cut a week or so ago, Havana has asked to cut her hair too. "I want hair like Amara's."  I tried to talk with her about doing what was right for her not just doing what her sister does. But she insisted. Then I realized I felt resistant. I didn't want to cut Baby Girls gorgeous, long, blond hair. But that was my agenda. In my heart, supporting her choice was the right thing to do. And on a practical level, hair can always grow back, right? 

So with that in mind (and heart), off we went to the stylist. Initially, I asked for Havana's hair to just be cut just alittle shorter. But then I could hear her hair calling to be shorter and we were all in agreement. So shorter we went. 

This is the end result. I think she looks just as fab as her sister. But I have to be honest, while I love, love, love how she looks I miss her gorgeous long hair. This hair cut, it feels very symbolic, almost like a rite of passage. Baby Girl isn't a baby anymore. She is going to be four in a few months and that is a hard pill to swallow. Now with her nu doo she likes more like a big little girl. But the truth is, she will always be my little Baby Girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...